I’m dedicating this article to one of our readers from Delta state who contacted me and we got gisting, she told me about a guy whom she liked and wasn’t so sure if he liked her the same way she liked him but they text/chat a lot and she wanted to leave the friend zone by all (clean) means. And i presumed there are other girls in her shoes who are going through the same dilemma, so this article is for you
1. EXCEPT THINKING ABOUT ME, WHAT ELSE ARE YOU DOING: This isn’t a text you want to send someone that you barely know. However, it works well when you’re trying to get out of the friend zone with a guy, or if you want to let a casual acquaintance know that you’re interested in dating. Even though you’re not bluntly admitting that you have feelings for him, he’ll get the picture.
2. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU HOW HOT YOU LOOKED TODAY: If you’re a bold beauty, then you can use this line as a conversation starter. If you just want to talk to your crush, but have nothing of importance to talk about, then this will work wonders. Just make sure that you use it on a day you actually saw him. If you don’t, then he might assume you’ve been stalking him.
3. TELL ME A RANDOM SECRET ABOUT YOU: This always works, just make sure you subtly notify him that the secret shouldn’t be something too dirty and if you’re into that sort of gist then carry on.
4. MY PHONES’ BEEN ACTING WEIRD, DID I ACCIDENTALLY CALL YOU: After he tells you that you didn’t actually call him, you can say, “Oh, sorry. So anyway, it’s been a while. How have you been?” He might see through the charade and realize that you lied to start a conversation, but he should be flattered, not insulted. If you want to talk to your #crush, don’t wait until you see him in person to do so.
5. I BET MY WEEKEND WAS BETTER THAN YOURS: Men love competition. Sending a message like this will get him instantly interested in the conversation. Just make sure that you can follow it up with an exciting story. Otherwise, the conversation can die down as quickly as it started up.
6. HAVE YOU SEEN SUPERNATURAL, ONE OF THE ACTORS REMINDS ME OF YOU: This conversation starter will kill two birds with one stone. It’ll let him know he’s on your mind, and it’ll get you two talking about a fun show. Plus, when he asks you why the actor reminds you of him, you can explain that Dean is just the hottest guy you’ve ever seen. Of course, you can replace Supernatural with any television show or movie you’d like.
7. HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT ______(INSERT NEW MOVIE): If you ask your crush if he’s heard any reviews about a certain movie (specifically one that is currently playing in theaters), then he might ask you to go see it with him. Even if he doesn’t, it should get you two talking for a while.