The importance of the On-Air-Personality cannot be over emphasized in the entertainment industry.
Music artiste needs them to air their songs, publicize them and create that music form in the eyes of the public.
In the entertainment industry, the popularity of any artiste also depends heavily on how On-Air –Personalities preach them to the public.
These On-Air-personalities use their minds and voice to power Nigerian music and help audiences cope with all the chaos.
Our celeb police brings to you (in no particular order) the top five On-Air-Personalities who are most influential in Nigeria ‘s entertainment industry at the moment .
1. Toolz Tolu Oniru is the darling of the corporates, with more affiliations than any other in her category. Her family background, and wedding to pilot Tunde Demuren have been favourable, and as listeners will say, she pulls more audiences on her midday show on a good month, than some will gather in an entire year.
2. Toke Makinwa Turn up queen, OAP, show host, Toke Makinwa has it all. In the past year, she’s also made headlines with her troubled marriage, controversial topics on her vlog and she also managed to snag up a couple of endorsement deals.
3. Do2dtun He’s a standard case of started from the bottom now he’s on top. From his days as a library assistant to the host of the Midday Show on Cool FM and now to a sought after hype man and show host for corporate gigs and concerts, Dotun has seen it all, and doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon.
4. Olisa Adibua is a popular broadcaster, On-Air personality, former record label owner, entertainment personality and director at Beat FM 99.9 Lagos.
Adibua, one of the most regarded and in-demand radio and television executive producers in the industry, has more than 23 years experience in television, radio, film, and live events, having been involved in the African electronic media and entertainment scene since 1988.
From 1998 to 2008, Olisa hosted the number one afternoon drive time radio show on 96.9 Cool FM. In 2009 he moved to THE BEAT 99.9FM, as the morning drive-time host and Programmes Director.
5. Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi Survey after survey puts her on top of many of her contemporaries. She’s the OAP who’s a shoe maker, who’s an events expert, who is very influential and talent shrink. And many labels say she’s one of the few not devoted to a life of payola.